FAMILY PROMISE OF GREATER WICHITA
Full-time Family Advocate
Family Promise of Greater Wichita is seeking a full-time Family Advocate to add to our growing organization. The Family Advocate is responsible for providing case management to homeless families with children and supporting guest families towards sustainable independence. The Family Advocate reports directly to the Executive Director and assists with daily operations.
Job duties and responsibilities are as assigned by the Executive Director and may include, but are not limited to:
• Following established policies, procedures and protocols regarding intake and case management.
• Facilitating guest intake process to include initial screening, orientation into the program, needs assessment, budgeting and development of an individual case plan.
• Conducting case management meetings with each family to review case plan, track progress, set goals, address barriers, and provide guidance, counseling and needed resource referrals. Some meetings may be conducted in the guest’s home.
• Conducting guest exit process to include exit interview, housing plan, and development and implementation of a follow up plan for guests.
• Maintaining accurate records in the database on all initial contacts, intakes and guests served including timely and thorough case notes.
• Arranging guest transportation as needed.
• Identifying and connecting community resources with guests.
• Scheduling life skills curriculum for guests. This may include financial literacy/budgeting, parenting, nutrition, personal development, etc.
• Ensuring all guests are in compliance with program guidelines and addressing violations, including reporting issues to the Executive Director for immediate follow-up.
• Maintaining effective communication with the Executive Director by providing input on potential guests, and weekly case management reports on each family served.
• Meeting regularly with the Executive Director to review guest issues, progress, resource needs, training needs, issues that need to be addressed, etc.
• Attending meetings with collaborative social service partners to present Family Promise information and gather resource information for other Family Promise staff and guests.
• Coordinating with other staff members for maximum availability at Day House as well as covering holidays and vacations.
• Accounting for all spending and stay within stated budget parameters.
• Other duties may be added, subject to guest and organizational needs.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 3 or more years of adult case management experience in a social services environment
• Experience in utilizing Microsoft Office applications and SalesForce strongly preferred
• Commitment to the mission and values of FPGW
• Passion to serve others
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
• Flexibility that allows for changes in assignments and priorities depending upon identified needs of the guest families
• Ability to work accurately, with interruptions, to meet deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize competing tasks
• Must be able to self-manage and work as a member of a team
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
Working Conditions and Hours:
This position will report to the Family Promise day house. Physical presence is required. This is not a remote position. Occasional evening hours are a part of this position. After hours, the Case Manager may be on call for emergencies.
About Family Promise:
Family Promise of Greater Wichita is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit. Our mission is to unite hearts and hands to provide compassionate hospitality and empower homeless families with children to achieve sustainable independence.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com