The Workforce program of the Urban League of Kansas provides customized training and services designed to assist clients with advancing their career or reentering the workforce. This program is administered through the Kansas Quick Careers (KQC) designed to provide credit courses and training leading to certifications and licensure, as introductions to cluster career ladders. All training is skills specific and job preparatory with the most courses lasting three months or less.
Workforce Program Overview
• To become a self-sufficient business venture, which increases job opportunities in Wichita as measured by an increase in the number of participants who secure employment.
• To empower all people in attaining economic self-sufficiency through customized career training
• Unemployed individuals such as welfare recipients and others in and out of the labor force
• Individuals living in poverty
• Out of school young people (ages 16-23)
• Laid-off workers
• Unskilled job seekers
• Underemployed individuals